Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) are independent healthcare facilities which perform outpatient surgery. The benefits of opting for an ASC include reduced cost for patients, improved sanitation, and convenient scheduling. Once the procedure is complete, patients recover in the comfort of their own homes rather than in a hospital bed.
Benefits of ASCs:
- Patients are discharged home the same day as their surgery.
- Patients are afforded a more comfortable environment than a hospital.
- Easier access for patients and their families.
- Reduced risk of infections compared to hospitals.
- Cost-effective alternative to inpatient care. Patients pay approximately 50% less than the same procedure in a hospital setting.
Why Choose Specialty Surgical Center of Westlake Village:
- Quality – Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc., Specialty Surgical Center participates in a number of ongoing quality and patient safety initiatives. The facility enjoys an excellent reputation among patients and physicians, consistently earning high rankings in patient satisfaction surveys. In fact, according to the most recent survey of our patients:
- 100 percent of survey respondents would recommend Specialty Surgical Center to others.
- 98 percent of survey respondents rated their level of comfort at Specialty Surgical Center as excellent or very good.
- Convenience – Because Specialty Surgical Center is dedicated to outpatient surgery, we are able to avoid many of the delays patients often experience in a hospital setting. By streamlining many administrative processes, patients spend less time waiting. From on-site parking to advance registration, patients enjoy the comfort and efficiency of a smaller environment. Physicians also enjoy block scheduling, allowing reduced turnaround time between surgeries.
- Comfort – Our facility is designed with patient comfort in mind. Because the facility is not located in a busy hospital setting, patients enjoy a more soothing, stress-free environment. This allows our staff to focus exclusively on making your outpatient surgery experience a positive one.
- Value – Outpatient surgery centers like Specialty Surgical Center are more cost effective than full-service hospitals. Because of our lower overhead costs, patients can expect significant savings compared with the cost of surgery at a local hospital. In addition to containing healthcare costs, this provides lower out-of-pocket costs to patients.